Friday, October 02, 2009
An American Tale
I’m not an astronomer by any means, but you could call me an occasional stargazer. I often think of the cartoon I saw when I was younger that featured the little, lost Fifel Mouskawitz. He looked up at the stars and pondered how, despite distance, he and his loved ones were gazing at the same deep, blue sky. Distance is relative and since he was a mouse, they probably were looking at the same sky. I find myself in an entirely different hemisphere now, which makes this analogy almost impossible. Though, as the days get shorter this winter, if you wake up before dawn and I stay up late (or vice versa), we may find ourselves simultaneously stargazing. We won’t likely see the same constellations, but those are so hard to make out anyway. I’ll pick a random star and I’ll think of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment